Sunday, July 21, 2013

Georgia Forecast for 7/21/13 **SEVERE WEATHER AWARENESS DAY**

Hey all,
Sorry for not posting daily forecasts, and live data here lately. I had lots of wild stuff going on, not mentioning making quite a few posts on our main forecast center (US Weather Plus usweatherplus.wordpress.com), and working on our Facebook page too.
Before I continue to my forecast for tomorrow, I want to announce some fresh news and changes in our forecasting program.
I have made different "action" days for Georgia, depending on the threat.

  • Severe Weather Awareness Day (When there is a chance of strong/severe storms).
  • Severe Weather Action Day (When there is a large severe weather event likely across the state).
  • River/Flash Flooding Action Day (When there is lots of flooding, both river and flash flooding). 
  • Winter Weather Awareness Day (When there is a minor sleet/snow/ice event possible).
  • Winter Weather Action Day (When there is a sleet/ice/snow storm likely).
  • Tropical Weather Awareness Day (When remnants of a tropical depression or weak tropical storm may be impacting us). 
  • Tropical Weather Action Day (When a tropical storm or hurricane is likely).
I declare tomorrow as a Severe Weather Awareness Day. The next time one of these "days" goes into effect, I'll put it onto my forecast map.
Below is my forecast map for tomorrow for Georgia. More details below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Georgia Weather Plus! Feel free to leave any thoughts, comments, and/or feedback! Make sure it is nothing inappropriate. thanks!